Saturday, March 16, 2013

Ludmila's ESL Composition: What I Did This Week-end September 15, 1952

September 15, 1952

What I Did This Week-end

     The week-end is the unhappiest time of whole week for me, because I have much work at home to do.

     Friday afternoon at half past two the bell rang informing that the school is over.  Several minutes later the school yard was crowded with the pupils that ran, jumped, bumped at one another hastening to get speedier home.  My friend and I desided to take a walk home.  We were seduced by the sun which shone in full strength.  But when we had walked few blocks we saw that the weather is very torrid and the air is humid.  We did not want to ride in the suffocating troleycar, so we kept walking.  As the weather was very hot, we were going tardyly.  And when we had rambled home at last, it was half past three instead of three o'clock.  My parents must return from their work over one and a half an hour, so I must hurry to put in order and to clean our apartment.  I grasped the dustrag and began to rub out the dust from the windows, chairs, furniture and so on from everywhere it can be.  Then I swept the floor.  Only I had done all this work, as my parents entered the apartment.  When my mother finished to cook and we ate our dinner, I ironed the linen then went to bed.

     At Saturday I arose at eight o'clock.  When I put myself in order and ended my breakfast I started to wash the floor and then the linen.  After hanging it to firm I went on the market to by the food for the next week.  With my return from the market I found the linen dry, so I could to press it immediately.  I terminated to iron at seven o'clock.  It was the time to go to church.  The worship ended at nine o'clock.  When I went home I ate my supper.  There upon I took a bath and at eleven o'clock I was already fallen asleep.

     Sunday morning I got up at eight o'clock in order to be ready to church in time.  I did not eat my breakfast, because the orthodox people do not eat before the worship at Sundays and other holydays.  After a long worship that ended, as usually, at noonday, I went home and ate my lunch.  I just was preparing to study my lessons when my friend came to me.  She asked me to help her in mathematics.  I spended the time with her till five o'clock.  Then I started on my lessons.  At twelve o'clock I finished them and went to sleep.

     So ended my week-end- my "repose".



  

No comments:

Post a Comment